Friday, December 18, 2015

The Super Awesome Coloring Book by Mark Cesarik

book cover
The Super Awesome Coloring Book
by Mark Cesarik


ISBN-13: 9780692525791
Paperback: 106 pages
Publisher: Test Pattern Press
Released: Sept. 11, 2015

Source: Review copy from the author.

Book Description, Modified from Goodreads:
Designed by popular NYC illustrator Mark Cesarik, The Super Awesome Coloring Book features 50 original coloring pages containing polar bears, penguins, astronauts, fighter pilots, bulldogs, fishing lures, butterflies, modern chairs, other super stuff. The designs are intricate and challenging, yet relaxing, too. Designs are printed on one side of the page only so you don't have to worry about bleed-through when using markers. Also perfect for other media, like colored pencils and even crayons. Edited by best-selling coloring book artist Jenean Morrison.


My Review:
I accepted this book for review, then promptly injured my wrist in a way that prevents me from drawing. I only got one page completely done and another started. I'll describe what's in the book, though.

The Super Awesome Coloring Book is a coloring book for older children or adults. There are 50 pages of line drawings to color. Most take up the full page. The sheets of paper are thick enough for colored pencils (unless you push really hard), but my markers bleed through the back. They recommend that you use a scrape sheet of paper underneath to prevent bleed-through from marring the pages underneath.

Working on the pages near the end of the book was tiring because I needed to hold the book flat. I decided that, in the future, I'd just remove the page I'm working on from the book.

There is a wide variety of designs: Geometric, Curvy, or Flower designs (35 pages), Dogs (2), Penguins (1), Elephants (2), Bear (1), Sea Themes (3), Butterflies (1), Birds (1), Humans (2), and Man-made objects (2). Some have a lot of lines and small spaces between them, while others are fairly simple designs with large spaces to fill. The complex designs can take hours, but you don't necessarily have to color in every space unless you want to.

If you're looking for a adult coloring book with variety of themes and complexity, then this is a nice selection.


If you've read this book, what do you think about it? I'd be honored if you wrote your own opinion of the book in the comments.


No comments: