Friday, February 5, 2010

Book Quotes: Working as if for Jesus

From The Male Factor by Shaunti Feldhahn (p. 297-298):

Mallory has spent her career in corporate training. She has worked in nurturing environments and in difficult ones, and the one thing she most wanted to advise young women is this:

Treat everything you do as if you're doing it for Jesus. That's not just your boss. If the person you're working with were Jesus, would you be talking to him that way? Dressing like that? When I tackle something that is frustrating or I think is beneath me, and I start to wonder, "Why am I doing this?" I will literally think, "Wait a second, I'm doing this for Jesus."

Also, if you really think of it as if you were working for Jesus, not for man, would you start crying if someone says something petty or critical at work? When you have that vantage point, then certain things just aren't as gripping, so you won't be as thrown.

No comments: